Sunday, April 18, 2010

360

Hi there.



I received this 360 from a friend yesterday. He said that if I fixed it, it would be mine (Although it sounds too good to be true, I'm gonna confirm with him again). So far.. This is what done to the XBOX360..



I stopped because I need to purchase a tool from any 360 shop in Singapore. Apparently, the tool is REQUIRED to open the case.

Before that.. I did some diagnostics from the website itself.

There are three red rings of death on the 360, indicating a general hardware failure. So there are two possible known problems to this. First possible problem, the power brick (Or power supply, some would call) is faulty. I checked the LED on the supply box and it was orange, which indicates that it's on standby and ready to power on whenever ready. However, when I switched on the 360, the LED turned red for a split second and then returns to orange again. I ran the 360 diagnostics from the website and I was told to replace the power brick. Of course, I wanted to make sure that the problem lies with the power brick, and not anything else, so I would request anyone to loan me a power brick for a day. If you can, do inform me. Thanks.

The second possible problem is some kind of motherboard failure. I'm not too sure about this, but many of my friends tried the penny trick and it worked wonders. Check this video for more details.


I'm gonna try this trick when I get the required items for it. But first, I need to determine whether the power brick is at fault.

Thanks for reading. Peace out.

John


2 comments: